PDA

View Full Version : Arma 2

Kill-Zone
09-30-2009, 10:36 AM
does anyone have played this war game? it must be one of the most realistic games ever

8KK6Fo3Y0AU&feature=related

this is war!

and a online war video

qaAnCP9GeMQ&feature=related

wakka
09-30-2009, 10:51 AM
In the editor

Put in a load of 'street walkers / ladies of the night'

Then set up a rule or too

And you have hunt the 'h**ker*

Its as real as u want it

zeroy
09-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Since the last patch 1.04 (http://www.fileplanet.com/205124/200000/fileinfo/Arma-2-Patch-v1.04) is playable yes, you need a serious graphics configuration however. Its not a bad game a all when you get into it. I havent played the Multiplayer yet :rolleyes:

Kill-Zone
09-30-2009, 11:24 AM
In the editor

Put in a load of 'street walkers / ladies of the night'

Then set up a rule or too

And you have hunt the 'h**ker*

Its as real as u want it

well this is how cod had to be, big maps. tank battle's, nice explosion even a map editor included

Messiah Complex
09-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I played the demo, and lost interest quickly. You'd have to invest a great deal of time in it just to get minimally proficient.

Kill-Zone
09-30-2009, 12:36 PM
I played the demo, and lost interest quickly. You'd have to invest a great deal of time in it just to get minimally proficient.

yeah that i readed also singleplayer is slow. lots of talking. lots walking. and not many action,

multiplayer must be mayhem. lots of tanks. airplanes .explosions. lots of shootouts.

miregrobar
09-30-2009, 01:27 PM
well its not so bad game,but i dont like first couple missions.I want to play war not hunting smuglers and chicks in russia.

Kill-Zone
09-30-2009, 02:10 PM
well its not so bad game,but i dont like first couple missions.I want to play war not hunting smuglers and chicks in russia.

well i played it just ago its also not my game tho,,,,,

i must say i never seen tanks drive so realistic. and never seen helicopters fly so damn real. rest well not my thing

Dak Knight
09-30-2009, 11:29 PM
So Far i am enjoying playing domination gametype online,you hunt the ai they hunt you.even as a sniper in the hills they sneak around to find you:wtf1:.Close-up fighting you'd better be sneakier and quicker than them:o.

Nice big map,all vehicles fun to use.:wink1:

Teamwork a definite must to succeed and move on.

zeroy
10-01-2009, 04:51 AM
Teamwork a definite must to succeed and move on.

Yes, this is the problem i find when joining any MP game as a "lone soldier". Its really more designed for Clan playing as team than for server hoping players like me :whaa1:

united_hatch
10-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Since the last patch 1.04 (http://www.fileplanet.com/205124/200000/fileinfo/Arma-2-Patch-v1.04) is playable yes, you need a serious graphics configuration however. Its not a bad game a all when you get into it. I havent played the Multiplayer yet :rolleyes:

zeroy i play it alot on multiplayer best server i play is EVO server they got two servers,1 you got to rank up too fly and ride 2nd just get in and fly.very hard but much more intresting than cod games,i play with scatts on arma2 and del(fatfreddycat)got it but cant get on line yet.only on coop at the mo:look:

zeroy
10-08-2009, 08:04 AM
I played a 5h30 session the other night for the first time on MP (UK Server plauying Warfare Mod)

I had a blast! Its nothing like COD of course, its a lot slower simply by the size of the levels (well its the all islnd anyways!) but its very enjoyable.

I love the fact that i could buy and control my own AI guys, the Weapons are also very good.

I for sure will be playing again. The only downside for me is that i cant put in that many hours in a row every second day :whaa1:

Mike Nomad
12-12-2009, 07:11 AM
ARMA 2 Eagle Wing mini campaign teaser video

IdUMU9qQi4g

Teaser video introducing free additional game content available in ARMA 2 patch 1.05!

The video introduces the bonus campaign „Eagle Wing„ featuring the new AH-64 Apache attack helicopter. The „Eagle Wing mini-campaign expands upon one of the seven unique endings of the original ARMA 2 over two extensive new missions: It's the year 2012, the war in Chernarus has overgrown into a conflict between the USA and the Russian Federation. The player finds themselves caught in the middle of an escalating conflict. As a pilot of the AH-64 Apache attack helicopter, the player's task seems easy - to get behind enemy lines and attack. However the situation is about to change rapidly...

vlMvxsYwhGg

It's well known the most feared weapon in the British Army's arsenal in Afghanistan is the Apache attack helicopter. The Taliban accept that when it arrives overhead, the battle on the ground is already lost. But now a new upgrade to the fleet of these aircraft has given commanders in theatre a new way to track down those who threaten the lives of British soldiers in Afghanistan.

The pilots, engineers and ground crew from Wattisham have now been fully trained in the use of the new target acquisition system or M-TADS. Many of them are currently preparing for a tour of duty in the region by honing their battle skills in the deserts of Arizona.

Derek Tedder reports.

Mike Nomad
12-23-2009, 06:59 AM
Bohemia Interactive Studio (http://www.bistudio.com/) released the much anticipated patch 1.05 for ArmA 2 on the official ArmA 2 website (http://www.arma2.com/)

Version 1.05 highlights

* Free bonus campaign Eagle Wing
* Free bonus helicopter addon AH-64D
* New Warfare multiplayer mode When Diplomacy Fails, including 3-sides and support for dimplomacy between factions
* Major AI tweaking and balancing
* Significant performance improvements, especially in large towns
* Fixed compatibility problems under Windows Vista and Windows 7 x64 with 8 GB and more RAM
* Grass now provides concealment also in distance
* Improved hit detection and damage system
* Improved object visibility and less significant objects popping in distance
* Spatial sound improvements
* Automatic launching of user made addons via "pbo" file association with the game
* Possibility to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode at any time in game menus using Alt + Enter or through video options
* Various crash opportunities fixed
* Linux server support added (dedicated server file available as separate download)
* New GUI to various dedicated server settings
* DRM free for users of legitimate installs
* Optional BattlEye anti-cheat protection
* Airplane Heads-Up displays reworked
* and more....