PDA

View Full Version : Opinion Testimonial for RGN

GrymmWolf
06-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Mike, just a note of appreciation to you & all the great staffers here at RGN. :bravo:

It is great to have "one stop" for all our gaming needs (specifically the CoD titles), where the information is STRUCTURED and EASY to find, not stuffed in amongst the angst ridden posts of immature posers all puffed up & impotent (err did I mean important..... )

The moderation staff here do a great job, MANY others could LEARN from the examples here on the PROPER & EFFECTIVE way to moderate a forum, by HELPING the discussion to FLOW & evolve in a POSITIVE manner rather than mass locking & deleting of posts.

Thank you for your time & dedication.:Outstanding!:

zeroy
06-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks GrimmWolf, we try our best :wink1:

Any new map in the pipe by the way?

GrymmWolf
06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Been tinkering with a few ideas:d

Mike Nomad
06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
In light of the course of current events, your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you ever so much. :)

OneShot
06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Mike, just a note of appreciation to you & all the great staffers here at RGN. :bravo:

It is great to have "one stop" for all our gaming needs (specifically the CoD titles), where the information is STRUCTURED and EASY to find, not stuffed in amongst the angst ridden posts of immature posers all puffed up & impotent (err did I mean important..... )

The moderation staff here do a great job, MANY others could LEARN from the examples here on the PROPER & EFFECTIVE way to moderate a forum, by HELPING the discussion to FLOW & evolve in a POSITIVE manner rather than mass locking & deleting of posts.

GrymmWolf;

Thank you for the compliments, and thank you for your contributions to the boards and the community:wink2:

GrymmWolf
06-30-2008, 08:22 PM
You know OneShot its easy when you are a part of a community of like minded folks:d

Gunny
07-01-2008, 01:16 AM

I couldn't have said this any better... I found this site through a search for knowledge and did I find it here. This is truly an incredible site!

Bravo Zulu! :bravo:

SixGunJustice
07-01-2008, 02:45 AM
I found RGN awhile back now. It was because of a specific feature of the RCMOD (I can't remember what that was now). I think it was for COD1 or UO. I was as noob as noob can be at running a server, let alone with a mod. I stuck around because of the good & quick (and often very, very patient) support. Turns out the learning never stops it seems, as new titles present new challenges/bugs/structures . . . and I still have not found even close to a better resource for support and/or info . . . RGN has become a strong community within itself I think, and certainly a pillar in the COD community as a whole . . . level-headed, straight shooting, tell it like it is attitude.

Thanks RGN (and members) & don't stop! :bravo:

6Gun

*UWS*KILL_ME_NOW
12-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Hello all,

Just wanted to say hello, I am longtime player/server admin and hopeful mapper in the cod series. We over at *UWS* (United World Snipers) consider ourselves a team and a family, we are not a clan. We do our best to provide a clean, helpful server and forums to our players, even though since the cod4 release our numbers have dropped drastically, we still remain hopeful that a dedicated sniper server has a place again the cod5 online world.

However, this is not even possible right now with the issues of the mod tools delaying the release of sniper maps and the not having a working mod. I have been reading through your forums and wiki and have been very impressed with the ease of use, the great info I have found about the mod tools in your tutorials, and the clean, organized presentation of the information I have found here.

Thanks for providing such a great resource for the cod gaming community. I hope to use what I have found here to further help me finally start making maps myself.

Thanks again,

Jeff

*UWS*KILL_ME_NOW

richman
09-14-2009, 01:12 PM
To the RGN owner and staff,

I have visited this site for a number of years now and there comes a time where you just have to say...

I have seen it grow to become, I think, one of the best sites around. A knowledgeable staff in areas of forum management and overall content.

The members here are always insightful and great discussions are always taking place no matter what the topic might be.

To all :bravo: and Thank you!

GAME ON!!!

Woogie
09-14-2009, 05:07 PM
I second that. Thanks to everyone involved for a great place to learn and just hang out.

Dak Knight
09-16-2009, 12:33 PM
i agree Many Thx RGN:Outstanding!:

foxteamfr
09-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Same here :Outstanding!:

dundy
09-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Same here.

Thanks for all the support:bravo:

Mike Nomad
09-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Guys, its actually the Staff, VIP usergroup and RGN members that make RGN as good as it is today.

They deserve all the credit. :wink2:

I'm just the PIA "hall monitor". :d

OneShot
10-03-2009, 10:37 AM
Guys, its actually the Staff, VIP usergroup and RGN members that make RGN as good as it is.

They deserve all the credit. :wink2:

I'm just the PIA "hall monitor". :d

BS Nomad!!!!!!! This site is your brainchild. You have literally put your heart and soul into this gaming network. Your tireless contributions and dedication to the entire PC gaming community over the years is well documented! Have a question or need some help about FPS, likely to get it answered here. Someone wants to try their new map, Mike loads it on a RGN server. If the players enjoy it, the map becomes part of the server rotation. Want to try your MOD, Mike will test run it on a RGN server. If a new platform is released, Mike has a RGN server up and running the game before the developers often do. Does not matter what platform, Mike (RGN) is there and more than willing to help if his members have an interest.

Would you like to see a section or an addition to this site, ask Mike. If he thinks it will benefit his users then you will see a new forum dedicated to that subject matter. Almost as a prod I asked Mike a while back to start a section of the forum dedicated to different aspects of history. I believed it could be a resource and perhaps an inspiration to mappers, moders, perhaps attract people to our gaming hobby, and quite frankly because I enjoy military history. Never thinking he would actually do it for me, Mike's response was "enjoy yourself" and the next day this network had an expanded history section. I am just one of many here at this network that Mike has helped and tried to accommodate over the years. All you have to do is ask Mike!

How many out there are still playing RO:OST 41-45, COD 2, or Silent Hunter? Or some of the older mods? Let me tell you very few! Why does RGN continue to support these platforms? Simple, because the members here and community still enjoy these tiles. RGN is all about what the members like, enjoy, and expect from this network. Mike and the staff here are not afraid to take on the developers, publishers, or anyone else on behalf of our members. Mike tells it like it is, no brown nosing or sucking up here. Mike/RGN are known for truth, free speech, telling it like it is, and first and foremost advocating for all us, the PC gaming community.

For those unaware Mike Nomad owns all the equipment (nothing rented here), which by the way is state of the art, pays for all the bandwidth (which must make his DSL provider smile every month when they mail out the bill), solely absorbs the bill for the electric to keep the "lights on" 24/7, maintains and upgrades all the equipment (his garage looks like mission control at NASA), all out of his own pocket.

The small contributions that I and the other VIP members of RGN, which Mike is so grateful for, would not finance a single server and keep it running, let alone this network and its multiple servers. Ever wonder how much time is required and devoted to keep a network and servers running as smooth and flawlessly as RGN. A bunch!! Mike is admining this site and its servers sun up to sun down, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. No holidays for this guy, every time I log in, Mike is here, join a RGN server and guess whom is admining the server? Yes sir none other than Mike! Just look at Mike's post times on the boards if you doubt me, or join an RGN server for some gaming any day. Guess what? Mike will be there to personally welcome you.

This site is for everyone, members, visitors, and guests to use and enjoy, The staff here is made up of some of the most knowledgeable, talented, articulate, and intelligent people I have ever been associated with and I am proud to work with each and everyone of them. Everyone at this site while we have have very distinct personalities, ages, ethnicity's, and cultures, all share the principle of this network. For the PC gaming community. Do not kid yourself, while yes we all contribute to this sites success in our own way to various degrees, but if it was not for Mike Nomad, this network would not be what it is today.

:Outstanding!:

Thank you Mike

:wink2:

2ve-littlemo
10-18-2009, 06:38 PM
we would also like to agree with what everyone has said ,RGN is a great server which we have enjoyed many hours of fun on .we have made what we would like to call many friends and this is all because of mike and the many people involved in the excellent way that this server is run .

MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL
not bad nomad

little mo jamf and chubs