PDA

View Full Version : Arty Not Firing (not a bug)

RaDioAcTivE
03-18-2007, 08:45 PM
In the latest version Marc has it set up so that the arty won't fire unless you and your teammates are all out of the preset distance range. After speaking with Marc we changed our gsc file to reduce the distance because on some of the smaller maps your teammates are scattered all over the map and it wouldn't ever work. The change was suggested by the support team here and can be located in the ex_artillery_player.gsc file located in the server side extreme folder under "friendlyInstrikezone(targetpos)"

Just wanted to post this for anyone else that wanted to change it as well. It seems like a good idea to me to have things documented like this.

The admins can correct me if I'm in the wrong to post this. :p

Marc.
03-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Perhaps you might wanna share the setting (distance) you put in with others...im sure you found a good balance :)

RaDioAcTivE
03-19-2007, 05:04 PM
It was set to 1000 and we were used to it being at 0 like the other WMD's so I just put it at 10 feet. That way you at least can't call it inside buildings.

I will add that we run our servers like video games and don't really worry about "realism" too much. I just try to make them a fun place to play and I'd imagine that a higher setting would suit other people better. To me nothing is much funner then sprinting into the middle of the other teams spawn point with napalm or arty ready to call :wink1:

In future versions it would make sense to have this as a settable setting in the wmd section of the cfg's if possible...."as if they don't already have enough to do around here."

nedgerblansky
03-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Adding new "drm-dvars" should not be a problem any more :wink2:

superman
03-19-2007, 06:32 PM
So you change it at:

if(distance(targetpos, self.origin) <= 1000)

and

if(distance(targetpos, players[i].origin) <= 1000)

TO

if(distance(targetpos, self.origin) <= 10)

and

if(distance(targetpos, players[i].origin) <= 10)

Is that correct?

RaDioAcTivE
03-19-2007, 10:55 PM
That's what I changed. Only testing has been in a full server so it's hard to confirm the settings sometimes.